Friday, January 30, 2009

Questions
As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts higher than your thoughts." ISAIAH 55:9


My 7 year old niece loves clothes and is quite choosy about the color and texture of most everything she puts on. One day last week she decided she was ready to go fashion “solo” for school. Sure enough, she was dressed and ready (even on time!) for two days straight. On the third day, she came to my sister and said “Mom, you need to put my clothes out for me again. I’m just too little for this much pressure.”

Out of the mouths of babes.

The more I study, the more I discover how much I do not know. I pray often that God would give me a teachable heart and a greater capacity to learn His ways. But I accept the fact that I will never know it all. There are clear limitations to what we have the capacity and intelligence to understand.

The Bible is the source for everything we need to know for this life (2 Pet 1:3), including how to know Him and receive eternal life through faith in His Son. But if the Bible doesn’t seem to have an answer to a question… be careful not to doubt the answers it has given you. There is so much about this universe and the God who made it that we simply do not know. The bottom line is on this side of life we will never fully understand God, or all of His ways. His purposes and what He has chosen to reveal to us of them, are moving forward according to His timetable.

As we continue to enjoy learning more about Him each week, let’s remember that He has chosen to reveal incredible truths to us. That gives us the awesome opportunity to study and learn from the treasure of His Word. It also gives us the opportunity to learn to trust Him with the things we do not understand.
Kelly
Ps 91:1

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones