Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mermaids

Christmas Eve I pulled my 3 year old nephew close and asked “If you could be either a cowboy or an Indian, which would you be?” Unbeknownst to him, I was getting him ready for the tan cowboy chaps that were hidden beneath the pretty paper in the box he’d been dying to open all day.

His eyes lit up and he leaned into my face and whispered… “A mermaid.”

You can imagine my surprise.

The air is full (aside from the falling rain) of the crisp hope of a new year, a new start. Enjoy this new year… think outside the box. This journey we’re all on called life is full of joys and sorrows and I truly believe they all add up to help us know and understand our purpose and the One who designed us for this journey.

Enjoy your new start, enjoy being who your Creator made you to be, and most of all enjoy pursuing Truth.

Look forward to seeing you next week!


"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jer. 29:13

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones