Monday, November 24, 2008



Break the Silence

Friday, September 12, 2008 at 08:46AM
Have you ever heard the phrase, "the silence was deafening"? What in the world does that mean? I think about the person who has no hope, sitting in their room...no where to turn, no one to turn too. That's a shame. I've been there. I remember how loud the silence was....when I first set out in college to live all out for Jesus. All of my friends all did the same things. I wanted a change. I ended up in a place of isolation after making that decision. Welcome to the desert (not the jungle).
I wouldn't change a thing. I know what it's like to hear the deafening silence. I know what it's like to not have anything to do or anyone to hang out with on Friday and Saturday night. But, I also know what it's like to see God work in ways that were unexpected and over the top. He turned those things around for me. He gave me more friends than I could have ever imagined.....all because I trusted Him in a very difficult, and dark season of my life.
You know, Jesus calls us to follow recklessly after Him. He didn't say it would be easy. Matter of fact, it's going to be very hard. I see the benefits now of choosing to follow Him despite what my circumstances looked like. Those circumstances turned around. It just took some time and a true commitment on my part, the testing in the desert.
This is one of my favorite quotes, "the people who need our help the most are the very ones who cannot ask for it". This Monday night and all the ones to follow, there will be people sitting in the silence all over Atlanta....and it will be deafening. Prime is more than a meeting. We want to break the silence in people's lives. We want to get on the journey with Jesus and recklessly throw ourselves at His feet and watch Him do "greater things" in and through us.
Keep your eyes open this week. Your invitation, your kindness can break the silence in someone's life.
Think Kingdom,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones