Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Snake bitten, crazy cannibals, thick jungle, foreign world- some of these describe places and things from mission fields of the past and present. I think sometimes, if you are like me, you think that you may not quite be up for that kind of mission. And, when you hear about people giving their lives for the gospel in an uncharted land (ex-John Paton & the Hebrides) among cannibals, it can be a little intimidating, humiliating and all but take the air out of your spiritual sail. I can't do that. I don't know that I care for a people group that much. How do I get from here to there and is there the ultimate goal?

Last night, we looked at Luke 24:36-48 after Jesus had resurrected from the dead, walked among the disciples along the road to Emmaeus and showed up in the middle of a room where the disciples were meeting in Jerusalem. He basically said this (my paraphrase). "I'm not a ghost, come and see and feel. And, give me something to eat". Then, he tells them what their job is and where it is to start.....Jerusalem. Right where they were. Home. We know that the goal is to get the gospel to the whole world, but there has to be a starting point. That starting point is here, home...Jerusalem for us.

That's why we decided to plant a church on the campus of KSU in the Fall of 2010. As many of you heard at our last Prime, meetings have been happening on campus since the Fall of 2009. And, it is our desire to take the gospel to that campus since we have long realized that the campus is not coming to us. 20+ of you responded to the call to help. Many more will follow. We believe that it is our job to move the Kingdom forward without regard to who gets the credit. I hope that wherever you are, you'll get involved in Kingdom work. Join the Campus Church team, join your local church, and certainly feel free to join the movement at Prime.

Keep reaching,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones